Saturday, May 12, 2012

Marden Hill



Mark Daniels and Christopher Bemand first teamed up in 1994 as part of the seminal British acid jazz band, Marden Hill. Their provocative first single, "Come On" was also included on the band's debut album, Blown Away (re-released one year later in the United States as Hijacked). The album earned strong critical appraisals, and spawned, as a description for the music, perhaps one of the most influential terms of the mid-'90s music scene: trip-hop.
(Ashley Beedle came up with the word Trip Hop describing a Marden Hill track he was remixing saying - 'This is fucked up, it's Hip Hop but it's trippy. It's Trip Hop!") 

Discography at discogs ( also an overview to releases of their very interesting label On Delancey Street) but found only one song at soundcloud, track.snippets of their albums can be heard at allmusic



3 comments:

  1. I bought Blown Away back in the days when it was rather new, and it instantly became a huge fav of mine. Then, as the years went by I lost the cd itself, left with only the empty cover...
    Recently however, I found a used copy in good condition on Amazon and ordered it right away.
    I promise I will take good care of it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Glenn

    Marden Hill is a legend upon music lovers, and as you (with your new copy :-)) I take care of my LP's and even CD's in times if mp3...

    Thanks for your comment, hope you like my blog

    ReplyDelete